[squid-users] SMP mode, workers, cache_dir with conditional

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Oct 11 15:56:55 UTC 2018

On 10/11/2018 02:15 AM, juju wrote:

> on http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_dir/:
> "In SMP configurations, cache_dir must not precede the workers option
> and should use configuration macros or conditionals to give each worker
> interested in disk caching a dedicated cache directory"

> Perhaps it would be good to specify for which version and which
> cache_dir type this note is for.

Yes, that stale note should be rephrased to discourage unsupported
configurations or even replaced with Squid warnings about unsupported
use of ufs-based cache_dirs in SMP configurations.

I am not sure, but I suspect the "must not precede" part is also stale
or, at the very least, should be unnecessary -- if the right order is
still required, Squid should detect wrong order and quit with an error
message.

Quality patches welcomed.

Alex.