[squid-users] Squid Cache Server

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Oct 6 04:41:23 UTC 2018

On 6/10/18 6:22 AM, Mujtaba   Hassan Madani wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I also get the attached error while been trying to access through web
> interface for private IP address. I managed to add the IP on the bypass
> proxy server for the local address but, i cant do for all since I have
> many private IP i use to login to

The "error" says you do not have any web server running at the IP
address 172.17.2.1 port 80.

Or if there is, the network does not permit Squid to make TCP
connections to it.

If you mean the *Squid* built-in web interface (aka manager reports).
You are missing the public hostname of the proxy, the forward-proxy port
and the report name (path) being fetched.
 http://sudasat-hp-compaq-dc7600-convertible-minitower.local:3128/squid-internal-mgr/info

(you really should find a simpler domain name for your proxy to use,
that is quite a long name).

> regards
>

> Mujtaba H

Okay. I'm not sure what relevance the location of the squid.conf file
has. Usually the settings inside it are needed to answer questions about
your proxies behaviour. But there are no such questions so far in this
thread.

> my
> question is where can i check the cached file and traffic volume in KB
> that been cached ?

The "info" management report from Squid will tell you that.

The URL for that will be like:
  http://your-proxies-domain-name:3128/squid-internal-mgr/info