[squid-users] Convertion special symbols in file's names

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Oct 3 16:35:49 UTC 2018

On 3/10/18 8:47 PM, Георгий Китирисов wrote:
> Hi, guys. I use squid proxy to download files from aws s3 buckets. If
> file's name contain special symbols (like +, %, ...) squid convert it

The characters you point out above are reserved for use as
sub-delimiters in URI / URL syntax.

> (probably)

You are not sure its Squid doing anything at all? check to be sure what
is actually happening before you go looking for solutions to your guessed.

 debug_options 11,2

> and bucket can't find the file. For uploading to bucket it
> use java service without squid. How can I prevent url convertion in
> squid config?

Filenames are not URL, and vice versa.

Sending software is responsible for properly URI-encoding any file path
embedded into URI. Receiving software for decoding it out again.

Squid (and HTTP itself) knows nothing of any such concept of "file" -
there are only messages. Squid does however obey RFC 3986 and 7230
requirements for URL/URI handling.