[squid-users] want to change squid name

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Oct 1 20:55:30 UTC 2018

On 01.10.18 23:41, --Ahmad-- wrote:
>im not forcing you to give us help , BTW  thank you for your magic words !

we just don't understand the reason you are asking for this.

As was already mentioned (iirc), technically  you can change the name
"squid" to something else, but it is not supported (which means, there's no
standard way to do that) and you may expect problems (and we even don't know
what kind of problems).

>> Em 01/10/18 10:08, --Ahmad-- escreveu:
>>> i just need to have something not squid to run it on linux
>>>
>>> i dont want squid

>> On 1 Oct 2018, at 23:08, Leonardo Rodrigues <leolistas at solutti.com.br> wrote:
>>     so don't run squid ?!?! If someone finding that you're running squid and that's a problem to you, don't run it, period :)
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.