[squid-users] Chrome 69

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Mon Oct 1 20:02:57 UTC 2018

On Monday 01 October 2018 at 21:53:42, neok wrote:

> Hello everyone!
> I'm a bit lost with the behavior of Google Chrome 69.0 for Win 64 and my
> squid rules 3.5.20.
> Until a few days ago

Any idea what changed a few days ago?

> when browsing denied sites Chrome threw the error
> "ERR_TUNNEL_CONNECTION_FAILED" which was fine for me.
> Firefox 62 threw the error "The proxy server is refusing connections" which
> was also fine for me.
> Now Chrome shows me the login window every time I visit a denied site.

What does Firefox do?

> I suspect Chrome has been updated and changed its behavior. I'm currently
> studying that possibility.
> I'm also rethinking whether the way I'm denying sites is the right one.
> I leave my settings so that someone with more experience can give me some
> feedback.

It would be useful if you showed us the Squid access log entries for a denied
site you try to visit, which produces the above browser responses.

Antony.

--
I just got a new mobile phone, and I called it Titanic.  It's already syncing.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.