[squid-users] Fwd: ERROR: http_port or ACL larger than 65536 (short type)

kalice caprice kalicecaprice at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 19:07:58 UTC 2018

Hello,

Inside my squid.conf I'm setting up ACL like this:

http_port 0.0.0.0:20740 name=20740
acl ip10740 myportname 20740

and then

tcp_outgoing_address x.x.x.x ip10740

I've got over 65536 (about 80k) ACL inside my squid.conf and squid throws
this error:

ERROR: The value '65536' is larger than the type 'short'.

Well, that's really unfortunate, I'm good at reading C language, but does
anyone know whether there is a workaround without having to dig into the
code to change variable type of if not, what variable and where should I
change it ?

I'm afraid this could break things but it's not like I've got many choices
at the current state.

Thanks!