[squid-users] how to go from connect/tunnel in squid4 ->GET

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Nov 29 20:41:06 UTC 2018

On 11/29/18 11:38 AM, L A Walsh wrote:

>>> I bumped to squid4 a few months ago, but stil haven't gotten to the
>>> point where I can see and cache individual requests

> 2018/11/29 09:26:18 kid1| WARNING: No ssl_bump configured. Disabling
> ssl-bump on http_port 192.168.3.1:8118

You have not configured any ssl_bump rules. Thus, you are effectively
not using any SslBump features. All HTTPS traffic is simply tunneled
through without decryption/analysis.

Your final ssl_bump rule set may become completely different, but you
can start lab-testing with something simple like

    ssl_bump stare all
    ssl_bump bump all

For more rule examples and associated discussion, see
https://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/SslPeekAndSplice

Please note that you should test SslBump features using https://...
URLs, not http://... URLs.