[squid-users] Ubuntu 18 LTS repository for Squid 4.4 (rebuilt with sslbump support from sources in Debian unstable)

Mark James tarotapprentice at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 23:53:18 UTC 2018

Debian seem to be unwilling to push squid4 through to stretch-backports. There is a libc change in testing that makes it difficult to get the one from testing or unstable without building your own.

I have emailed their packaging team a couple of times. Given squid 3.5 is unsupported you would think they would want to get it into stretch-backports. Maybe if they got a semi-offical email from the squid developers they might reconsider.

MarkJ