[squid-users] Your cache is running out of filedescriptors

Rejaine Monteiro rejaine at bhz.jamef.com.br
Mon May 28 16:45:33 UTC 2018

Hello everyone.

My squid is running normally, but after a while it stops working and I
have to restart every time. The message that appears in the log is

     "Your cache is running out of filedescriptors"

I already configured the fs.file-max = 65535 parameter in /etc/sysctl.conf.

I am running openSuse 13.2 and also configured in the
/etc/sysconfig/squid to SQUID_DEFAULT_ULIMT = "65535" and  in the
startup script /etc/rc.d/squid  SQUID_ULIMIT =${SQUID_DEFAULT_ULIMT: =
"65535"}

Nothing solved !!! Any tips?