[squid-users] passwd problem

Alex Gutiérrez Martínez alex at dvm.esines.cu
Mon May 21 12:35:35 UTC 2018

> On 12/05/18 00:30, Alex Gutiérrez Martínez wrote:
>> Hello community, yesterday i noticed that one of my users is using a
>> private squid to avoid the tedious problem of typing the password every
>> time he starts session in his browser. The problem is that the squid
>> suddenly started to return in plain text the username and password.
>> Therefore, that information is reflected in my proxy log.
>>
>> The directive that the user used is:
>>
>> "cache_peer proxy.mynetwork.cu parent 3229 0 no-query no-digest default
>> login = user1: passwd1"
> Ensure that there are no whitespace in that login string. It should just be:
>   login=user1:passwd1
>
> Also ensure that the user1 and passwd1 are correct values accepted by
> the peer for Basic auth.
>
> Amos

Im sorry the delay. It seem that thunderbird add the whitespaces to my
parent directive when i paste the text. Im still facing the same
problem, any sugestions??

"cache_peer proxy.mynetwork.cu parent 3229 0 no-query no-digest default login=user1:passwd1"

--
Saludos Cordiales

Lic. Alex Gutiérrez Martínez

Tel. +53 7 2710327