[squid-users] restarting dead worker

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon May 14 00:46:26 UTC 2018

On 05/13/2018 03:47 PM, senor wrote:

> I'm looking for ATM is a way to
> restart individual workers. It seems a complete restart is necessary
> once the coordinator gives up after a few attempts. I'd like to trigger
> the coordinator to retry or something similar. Anything possible?

Yes, in Squid v4:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/hopeless_kid_revival_delay/

> Bonus question: Where, if anywhere, is the cache manager use of "kid=N"
> documented? I haven't gone to the source code yet and would like not to.

That cache manager parameter is not documented because it is not yet
supported. There is a workers=N parameter documented at

https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/80f629d79e830cd60da2efa2d7c7edd93e3fbaa4

I do not know whether it currently works.