[squid-users] passwd problem

Alex Gutiérrez Martínez alex at dvm.esines.cu
Fri May 11 12:30:36 UTC 2018

Hello community, yesterday i noticed that one of my users is using a
private squid to avoid the tedious problem of typing the password every
time he starts session in his browser. The problem is that the squid
suddenly started to return in plain text the username and password.
Therefore, that information is reflected in my proxy log.

The directive that the user used is:

"cache_peer proxy.mynetwork.cu parent 3229 0 no-query no-digest default
login = user1: passwd1"

where "proxy.mynetwork.cu" is my proxy, "user1" the user and "passwd1"
the password.

Is there any way to prevent this behavior from happening again?

Thanks in advance

--
Saludos Cordiales

Lic. Alex Gutiérrez Martínez