[squid-users] PID file /var/run/squid.pid not readable AND Supervising process XXX which is not our child

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 19:11:29 UTC 2018

Dear, my problem is that I have two different implementations of Squid
/ Dansguardian for just 40/50 users for navigation, and sometimes the
web browsing is too slow without any clue about this, it's just better
if I restart both daemons:

1) squid                          3.5.23-5+deb9u1 / dansguardian
            2.10.1.1-5.1+b4
2) squid3                             3.1.20-2.2+deb7u8   /
dansguardian                       2.10.1.1-5+b1

I've adjusted both configurations but the problem of slow navigation
appears always.

So I'm thinking maybe is a problem of this packages combination (squid
+ dansguardian)...

Do you recommend upgrade to Debian testing version packages or just to
usetry with Squid + Squidguard ??'?

Special thanks !!!

Regards.