[squid-users] Getting WebSocket without Upgrage/Connection headers

OlegH1 h1179169 at nwytg.com
Thu May 10 00:31:51 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm seeing some users of mine use squid proxy and cannot connect via
WebSocket because the Upgrade and Connection headers are striped. All
connections are over wss:// (TLS).

My question is how possible that squid decrypts the packet, omit those
headers and encrypt. I saw there is a "SSL bump" extension that allows it (I
guess the "fake" cert should be install in the computers explicitly) - but
even if it's possible, why those headers are stripped?

I saw several topics regard this issue, but didn't really understand the
problem. If someone set a squid proxy with SSL bump, how is it even possible
that squid blocks it? I tried to use squid locally on my computer and it
looks that those headers passed just fine (connection initiated correctly),
so why is it mentioned that those headers are not supported?

Sorry - I'm confused a bit:)

Thanks!