[squid-users] Kerberos authentication on mobile phones

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue May 8 06:03:19 UTC 2018

On 08/05/18 10:22, Panagiotis Bariamis wrote:
> Hello,
> Is it possible with a squid kerberos only authentication  setup be able
> to authenticate ie android phones to squid?

I don't have an answer for that, maybe someone else has experience. If
you have the environment available you could try it yourself.

> A second question. If a non domain joined machine tries to use the proxy
> will there be a username password prompt where if correct credentials
> are presented he will be able to get a ticket to use squid?

Maybe, unlikely though IMO. Getting a ticket requires first joining the
domain. Some client software may provide a popup and then try to contact
a DC and join a domain.

But whether a) the specific client software does that, and b) whether
info about the domain DC server is available in DNS records, and c)
whether the Kerberos realm "domain" matches the proxy DNS record domain
- all those effect the possibilities AFAIK.