[squid-users] Squid proxychains problem

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 29 03:36:31 UTC 2018

On 29/03/18 02:34, Thomas Schmiedl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use xupnpd2 (http://xupnpd.org/xupnpd2_en.html) on my MIPS-based
> router to restream some HLS-streams from the internet to my TV. This app
> doesn't support https and has no proxy support. The author doesn't want
> to provide a newer version of xupnpd2.

Well that sucks. Do you have any alternatives?

> I try to restream webcams from Skyline-webcams (e.g.
> http://www.skylinewebcams.com/de/webcam/czech-republic/prague/prague/old-town-bridge-tower.html),
> which uses https. But it's possible to receive the m3u8-file (the URL
> including query-string is in old-town-bridge-tower.html) in http. The
> m3u8-file contains https URLs (ts-video-files, which also can downloaded
> in http).
>
> My idea is to use a filter proxy to replace the https URLs in the
> m3u8-file by http URLs. I use Squid 3.5.12 in Ubuntu 16 with these
> eCap-sample-adapter to replace "https" by "http" in the server response:
> http://www.e-cap.org/docs/ (victim=https and replacement=http).
>
> A first test with a local http-server worked (URLs were replaced):
> curl --proxy 127.0.0.1:3128 http://192.168.178.25:8080/live.m3u8

What I'm not clear on is why you think you need proxychains? a simple
DNAT intercept should do.

The eCAP plugin sounds like it is handling the embedded URL issues that
occur with re-writing for the xupnpd2 response traffic. All you should
need is a way to convert the http:// request URLs from xupnpd2 back into
https:// ones - in theory the eCAP adapter should do both alterations so
they reliably match up, otherwise a URL-rewrite helper can do this later
part.