[squid-users] delay-pool based on authentication

vvv25 at gmx.net vvv25 at gmx.net
Wed Mar 28 18:31:55 UTC 2018

> On 27/03/18 02:51, vvv25 wrote:
>> Thank you for your time Amos,
>>
>> the thing is, I want to have the connection to be restricted by default.
>> May be I don't understand how to define acl's in the right order.
>> Or I cannot figure out how to separate authenticated users from not
>> authenticated.
>
> You misunderstand. All pools which can match a transaction affect it. To
> setup this "no restriction" for your certain clients you need to exclude
> them from the restricted pools.
Oh, I see. Thank you for clarification.

> Setting them to have one restricted and one un-restricted does not help
> - they will just get the minimum available bandwidth of the two.

Yes, How then can I achieve following:
* limited access for non authenticated users (without credentials)
* unlimited access for those who have credentials ?

Is it possible with one instance of squid or do I have to configure 2
instances
one with authentication on and
one with authentication off?

Or are there other ways to try?