[squid-users] Google analytics screwing up a lot of sites?

Walter H. Walter.H at mathemainzel.info
Mon Mar 26 19:46:33 UTC 2018

Hello

On 26.03.2018 21:27, Bob Cochran wrote:
> We use squid 3.5.20 and a custom content filter to block undesirable
> (tracking) sites (e.g., google-analytics.com).
get 3.5.27 ...
> It seems that Google's JavaScript ( or missing scripts ) is rendering
> various modal / dialog boxes useless (typically just see a blank modal
> and a spinning loading graphic).
this needn't be caused by this, it could be an invalid website admin not
conforming to standards or just a broken browser
> I have recently seen this on BMW, Verizon, Arrow electronics, etc.
> Shame on them all for tracking me.
do you mean   www.bmw.com with BMW?
here no problem, I do the same, blocking google analytics and some more ...
> I'm thinking that squid & our content filter is doing its job, and its
> Google that's creating havoc.
my thought is just: when the damn website admin wants me to view his
creation then he has to do it correct ...