[squid-users] delay-pool based on authentication

vvv25 at gmx.net vvv25 at gmx.net
Mon Mar 26 13:46:26 UTC 2018

Dear Yuri,

thank you for your quick reply.
I spend weekend trying and testing some options.

My problem is, i cannot separate authenticated users from not
authenticated.

Here in detail:
if I try to do something like this
---- cut ----
acl users proxy_auth "/etc/squid/users"
http_access allow users

delay_pools 2

delay_class 1 1
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 # no limit

delay_access 1 allow users
delay_access 1 deny all

delay_class 2 3
delay_parameters 2 -1/-1 -1/-1 196608/786432	# no limit, no limit, 1.5
Mbit/s per user 6.0 Mbis/s once

delay_access 2 allow all
---- cut ----

then every user is asked for authentication. If they cancel that, they
cannot access nothing.

if I try to start with the restricted delay pool
---- cut ----
delay_pools 2

delay_class 1 1
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 # no limit

delay_access 1 allow users
delay_access 1 deny all

delay_class 2 3
delay_parameters 2 -1/-1 -1/-1 196608/786432	# no limit, no limit, 1.5
Mbit/s per user 6.0 Mbis/s once

delay_access 2 allow all

acl users proxy_auth "/etc/squid/users"
http_access allow users
than every user is restricted and no query for authentication occurs.

How can I separate not authenticated users from authenticated?
I cannot use IPs because all IPs are in the same range.

Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Vitaly