[squid-users] Squid 4 EL6 RPMs

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Mar 22 15:09:02 UTC 2018

On 22/03/18 11:34, Dan Charlesworth wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone can point to a Squid 4 RPM package for CentOS /
> RHEL 6.

IIRC it is not a simple proposition. Squid-4 requires minimum compiler
versions that are not available in those ancient OS. It is often a
simpler proposition to upgrade to RHEL 7+ than to selectively upgrade
the core system libraries for C++11 support and rebuild all the things
using them.

> I've had a search around, but it seems people are only packaging it for EL7.
>
> I did try compiling an EL6 RPM myself, based on an EL7 source RPM, but
> I'm not adept in this area and couldn't get past certain unfamiliar errors.

Are you using the system default compiler or something much newer?