[squid-users] Squid + SquidGuard : static block page not working

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Mar 14 13:06:03 UTC 2018

On 15/03/18 01:43, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 14/03/2018 à 13:39, Nicolas Kovacs a écrit :
>> Yes, I do. Because this is part of a step-by-step course about
>> SquidGuard, which worked perfectly under Slackware Linux. And my
>> filtering rules are becoming increasingly complex.
>
> FYI, this is the course. It's a HOWTO in simple text format.
>
> I'm currently trying to adapt this to CentOS 7.

Then the first thing you and your readers need to be clear on is that
SquidGuard was end-of-life'd many years ago. It is long overdue for
removal or replacement. This has impact such as the one you saw on HTTPS
traffic support which was only added to Squid-3 after SG stopped being
maintained.

The best thing to be doing these days is upgrading simple configs like
the one you presented earlier to using modern Squid features directly in
squid.conf - as I recommended earlier.

For very complex configurations (or emergency upgrades) the ufdbguard
tool can be used as a drop-in replacement for squidGuard while the
config migration is evaluated. It handles the HTTPS situation better
than SG does, but for simple configs any helper is still very much
overkill and a performance drag.

HTH