[squid-users] Squid + SquidGuard : static block page not working

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Mar 14 12:33:06 UTC 2018

On 15/03/18 01:07, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been working with Squid + SquidGuard for a few years, though only
> on Slackware. I'm currently transferring my proxy expertise to CentOS 7,
> and right now I'm having a little problem with that.
>
> Squid works perfectly so far as a transparent HTTP + HTTPS cache proxy.
>
> The next step is to add SquidGuard, so I installed it and edited the
> most basic /etc/squid/squidGuard.conf file possible.
>
> In this setup, my workstation (192.168.2.2) is allowed to access
> anything on the Web, and all other client machines on the networks are
> blocked and should be redirected to the avertissement.html block page
> for every request.

You do not need SG or any fancy redirector helpers at all for that.

Place this in your squid.conf instead:

  acl admin src 192.168.2.2
  http_access allow admin
  deny_info 302:http://nestor.microlinux.lan/avertissement.html all
  http_access deny all

If the clients can only reach nestor.microlinux.lan through the proxy
you will need an http_access rule allowing that domain before the deny line.