[squid-users] VPN ON PROXY

abellon at cklass.com.mx abellon at cklass.com.mx
Thu Mar 8 00:43:20 UTC 2018

> On Thursday 08 March 2018 at 00:56:45, abellon at cklass.com.mx wrote:
>
>> Hello squidUsers,
>>
>> I have a bit of a problem. Im currently on a network where there is a
>> vpn
>> already configured and running.
>
> What is the VPN connecting?  I mean, what is defined as the "local"
> network and
> what is defined as the "remote" network, for which traffic will pass
> through the
> VPN?
>
>> The proxy is working perfectly but for 1 issue. Te issue is as follows:
>>
>>   VPN works perfectly, proxy sends ping, ssh, vnc, samba, cups protocols
>> by the tunnel
>
> This sounds like you are trying to send almost everything over the VPN.
>
> Why?  What is the purpose of this VPN?
>
>> but when trying to access local http adresses,
>
> Please define "local", in terms of which IP addresses you think are local,
> and
> how this compares to the VPN configuration.
>
>> the proxy reads them as public
>
> So, are these addresses RFC1918 "private" addresses, or are they simply
> public
> IPs which happen to exist in your local network?
>
>> http and send those protocols via wan... Making it an error.
>>
>> I have located the error (local http/https is read as public http and is
>> send by wan) how can I configure it so that the local http goes by the
>> vpn
>> (tun1).
>
> Give us some examples of addresses which are being incorrectly routed, and
> tell us how your VPN is set up, and we can give you some advice as to
> whether
> this is a Squid problem or a VPN / network routing problem.
>

> Regards,
>

> Antony.
>
> PS: No need to send the same question twice within 2 minutes :)
>
> --
> "Linux is going to be part of the future. It's going to be like Unix was."
>
>  - Peter Moore, Asia-Pacific general manager, Microsoft
>
>                                                    Please reply to the
> list;
>                                                          please *don't* CC
> me.

So I have to networks in differnet physical locations(11.0.15.0/24,
11.0.20.0/24) connected by VPN (11.0.3.0/24). The VPN works perfectly fine
(yo can visualize the 2 networks files, connect by ssh, ping),my only
problem is, when i try to enter local addresses by http/s protocol, lets
say the router from the other network (11.0.15.2/24) from a browser(http
protocol) will have a time-out error.

PS: when ping 11.0.15.2 you DO get a response.