[squid-users] can squid use dns server on random port(non-53)?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jun 27 21:43:05 UTC 2018

On 28/06/18 09:16, Gordon Hsiao wrote:>
> I agree it's a bit unusual, but adding a nameserver port option will be
> nice if the changes are not intrusive.

So what protocol is used on this non-53 port?

How does "HTTP" sound? yes DNS-over-X is a thing these days and only
port 53 has the assurance that DNS protocol is actually being used.

This is part of why OpenBSD actively *removed* their custom feature of
supporting ports in /etc/resolv.conf "nameserver" setting (which this
directive is based on).

HTH