[squid-users] Speed ​​limit from file size

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jun 21 19:52:29 UTC 2018

On 06/21/2018 12:08 PM, Michael Pro wrote:
> чт, 21 июн. 2018 г. в 19:09, Alex Rousskov <rousskov at measurement-factory.com>:
>> You may prefer response delay pools, but they are only available in v5:
>> https://github.com/squid-cache/squid/commit/b27668e

> But to use this I understood that I need to use the store_id_program mechanism.

There is no relationship between response delay pools and Store IDs.

> A related question is how to pass the size (Content-Length) to store_id_extras.

You cannot pass response Content-Length header to the store_id_program
because that helper is consulted _before_ there is a response (step #2):

  1. parse client request X

  2. adapt X into request Y (ICAP, eCAP, url_rewriter, store_id, etc.)

  3. get the resource requested by Y
     (from the cache, peer, or origin server)

HTH,