[squid-users] Active Directory Integration?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jun 18 04:30:44 UTC 2018

On 17/06/18 18:36, Periko Support wrote:
> Hi people.
>
> If we need to integrate squid 3.5+ with a windows domain AD(2008+) and
> authenticated users from the domain.
>
> Linux(squid) need to be part of the domain?

Depends on what authentication types you want to use, and how you want
to use them.

The proxy needs the ability to ask the DC about credentials.  If you use
a prepared helper, decide the auth scheme and look at what the helpers
for that scheme can do.

> Or we can just enable a common LDAP query to the AD server?

What do you mean by "common" ?

LDAP requires credentials for the proxy to login to the DC with, in
order to check credentials etc. So it may or may not work off-domain.