[squid-users] BIND for complementary records for the same authoritative domain

Roberto Carna robertocarna36 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 12:39:16 UTC 2018

Dear, our company has an internal Windows DNS with the "company.com"
authoritative domain. Suppose within it we have the following records:

a.company.com
b.company.com
c.company.com

Now we need to have several records maintained by other IT area
exclusively, in the same autoritative domain "company.com", so let's
say:

x.company.com
y.company.com
z.company.com

Is it possible to build a BIND DNS server for these last records, and
tell Windows DNS server something like this:

"Search the record x.company.com within company.com, if it is not
there search this record in the BIND server".

Windows DNS server is setup in the clients computers, and it can
contact BIND server for records it doesn't contain for the same
authoritative domain.

Thanks a lot!!!