[squid-users] cacheHttpAllSvcTime quite high

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Jun 14 11:41:50 UTC 2018

On 14/06/18 23:04, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> We're using squid 5.0.0-20180202-r51e09c0 and I recently realized that
> the values for "cacheHttpAllSvcTime" are quite high
>
> cacheHttpAllSvcTime.5 = 288
> cacheHttpMissSvcTime.5 = 45
> cacheHttpNmSvcTime.5 = 0
> cacheHttpNhSvcTime.5 = 23
> cacheHttpHitSvcTime.5 = 1
> cacheIcpQuerySvcTime.5 = 0
> cacheIcpReplySvcTime.5 = 0
> cacheDnsSvcTime.5 = 30
>
> Why is cacheHttpAllSvcTime so much higher than cacheHttpMissSvcTime.5 ?
> The proxy doesn't appear to be slow or sluggish.

"All" includes things like CONNECT tunnels which can potentially have
very long duration and are no longer recorded under the "Miss" category.

IIRC they used to be combined, but with the growth of HTTPS usage we had
to separate so people could see if the non-tunnel MISS messages were
having latency problems.