[squid-users] PID file /var/run/squid.pid not readable AND Supervising process XXX which is not our child

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Jun 11 07:11:40 UTC 2018

It was hard for me to understand the diff\patch without the original file in plain text.
< GuessMainPID=no
< RemainAfterExit=no
< PIDFile=/var/run/squid.pid
< SuccessExitStatus=5 6
< ExecStart=/etc/init.d/squid start
< ExecStop=/etc/init.d/squid stop
< ExecReload=/etc/init.d/squid reload

The above now makes more sense but.. replacing the service file and removing the /etc/init.d/squid file should be the real way to run squid.
I do not know if and when Debian Stable would upgrade their package but as long as you don't upgrade it automatically it would be suffice.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator