[squid-users] Question about traffic calculate

Tiraen tiraen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:55:46 UTC 2018

*What is "online mode" ?> > Perhaps there are other solutions besides log
parsing?What information are you trying to get exactly? *

There are actual data on incoming / outgoing traffic per user (when
autorization by login is on)

In principle, all the data is, except for the thing that I wrote above -
and I do not understand whether it is possible through this method to get
the actual

*SNMP is built in to squid.  *
Can I get data on traffic by users? If it's not difficult to give a link to
a piece of documentation ?

> On 08/06/18 17:29, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>
>> On 09/06/18 02:56, Tiraen wrote:
>>
>>> Small clarification
>>>
>>> If the normal behavior of the proxy server described above is correct,
>>> then maybe there are other methods of gathering information on traffic
>>> in online mode?
>>>
>> What is "online mode" ?
>>

> SNMP is built in to squid. You can use it in conjunction with net-snmp
> proxy mode to gather far more granular performance/caching/response
> time/per-ip stats than squidclient or logs if that's what you're after.
>

> --
> This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain
> confidential information. Unless you are that person, you may not
> disclose its contents or use it in any way and are requested to delete
> the message along with any attachments and notify us immediately.
> This email is not intended to, nor should it be taken to, constitute
> advice.
> The information provided is correct to our knowledge & belief and must not
> be used as a substitute for obtaining tax, regulatory, investment, legal or
> any other appropriate advice.
>
> "Transact" is operated by Integrated Financial Arrangements Ltd.
> 29 Clement's Lane, London EC4N 7AE. Tel: (020) 7608 4900 Fax: (020) 7608
> 5300.
> (Registered office: as above; Registered in England and Wales under
> number: 3727592). Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct
> Authority (entered on the Financial Services Register; no. 190856).

With best regards,

Vyacheslav Yakushev,

Unix system administrator

https://t.me/kelewind