[squid-users] Squid.out reports errors for lines that do not exist in squid.conf

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Jun 7 06:13:59 UTC 2018

Amos,

Systemd can be define to run a specific command for a "reload" and even if nobody wrote the line in a service file it's there since almost day one of systemd services.

And.. if the version is el6 I believe it's still a sysVinit based system.
Squid -kparse should detect and squid -kreconf should resolve any issue if it's not a fatal one that stopped the service.

Not directly related but.. only if Squid doesn't release at all any memory it catches then a restart would be a must at some point.
>From what I have seen in the 2.7 and 3.x code in the past it seems that there should be some level of memory cleanup\release.
Also I have systems that has up-time of almost a year so I am a bit confused why should a restart would be requied?
... if I have acls handled by an external acl or ICAP service then why should I restart?

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator