[squid-users] Display eCAP meta-information on Squid error-page

chgerber christof.gerber1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 11:29:54 UTC 2018

Does that mean it is possible to apply ACL to headers/notes after ecap
processing or not?

I agree with your efficiency considerations but can you tell me how you
would solve the following requirement with squid and without eCAP/ICAP:

Parse the body of all requests with a non-empty body and block all requests
containing a certain string "foo".

This is not content adaptation as you mentioned as main use case of ecap but
access control based on content analysis. I see no way other than using
ecap/icap. The reason why we would like to avoid to create the error message
in the ecap adapter itself is that we would like to do the access control
within squid only and using the ecap adapter as content analysis tool with
feedback on which basis squid could decide (ACL).