[squid-users] Squid proxy server to log HTTPS traffic

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Jul 30 13:49:21 UTC 2018

On 30/07/18 22:58, Helen Rai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am usingĀ  Mikrotik Routerboard Model CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD which Links
> the internal network with WAN. One of the port is connected with WiFi
> Router which is broadcasting WiFi signal. Some of the devices work on
> WiFi network. I have installed squid3 (Version 3.5.27) in Raspberry Pi
> which is also connected with Mikrotik. Squid is installed with --enable-SSL.

The --enable-ssl option was removed in Squid-3.5.
<http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/squid-3.5.28-RELEASENOTES.html#ss4.3>.
Use --with-openssl instead, and ensure the Debian libssl1.0-dev package
is installed when building.

To see any URLs inside the HTTPS you will need --enable-ssl-crtd.

> Now, what I want to do is Redirect or log all the HTTP and HTTPS
> requests are done from devices which are in WiFi network to squid proxy
> server.
>
> I have tried doing it for months now, I am able to log all HTTP traffic
> but am unable to do it for HTTPS.
>
> Please help me with this and if you need any detail from me, please
> contact me.

If using the correct build option(s) does not resolve your problem we
will need to know what the Mikrotik routign settings, Rasberry Pi
routing and NAT settings, and squid.conf *_port lines are to provide any
assistance.