[squid-users] question about squid and https connection .

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Jul 19 18:03:05 UTC 2018

OK so it doesn't make any sense to store so many copies of the "KEY" in the ssl_db/certs files..
I took a sample from my certs directory and extracted the keys that are stored at

]\
[root at squid4-testing 1]# ll
total 12
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1704 Jul 19 20:58 key1.pem
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1704 Jul 19 20:58 key2.pem
-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 1704 Jul 19 20:59 rootCA-key.pem
[root at squid4-testing 1]# cat key1.pem |sha256sum
3db2a55499015a4166f8059d378d79032ee85797f92176d7a4d5ad8a2025bec7  -
[root at squid4-testing 1]# cat key2.pem |sha256sum
3db2a55499015a4166f8059d378d79032ee85797f92176d7a4d5ad8a2025bec7  -
[root at squid4-testing 1]# cat rootCA-key.pem |sha256sum
3db2a55499015a4166f8059d378d79032ee85797f92176d7a4d5ad8a2025bec7  -

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator
Mobile: +972-5-28704261