[squid-users] Kerberos issues on 4.1

Victor Sudakov sudakov at sibptus.tomsk.ru
Tue Jul 17 02:20:16 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

After upgrading to Squid 4.1 (from FreeBSD ports) I started having problems
with Kerberos authentication.

A user complained about being denied access.  The strange things are that:

1. There was only one such user, others seemed to be authenticating
properly (or just did not complain).

2. The user seemed authenticated but still was denied (!), a sample access.log entry:

1531737712.384      7 212.73.124.190 TCP_DENIED/403 9976 GET http://yandex.ru/zzzzzzzzzzzz user at REA.LM HIER_NONE/- text/html

The user tried different browsers on different hosts, with the same result.

After downgrading to Squid 3.5.27 all went well again.

Sorry I cannot provide more debugging info at present, I had to
downgrade my two production Squids ASAP.

Was there any major change between Squid 3 and 4 in the way
Negotiate/Kerberos works?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
AS43859