[squid-users] Delay pools in squid4 not working with https

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Fri Jul 13 00:02:35 UTC 2018

On 07/12/2018 05:42 PM, Julian Perconti wrote:
>> De: Alex Rousskov
>> On 07/12/2018 05:19 PM, Julian Perconti wrote:
>>
>>> From my side, the tests were done with full SSL-Bump; downloading a
>>> file from: https://speed.hetzner.de/
>>>
>>> No splice.

>> My "not working" statement was specific to tunneling code. When Squid
>> bumps, it does not tunnel, so your tests did not tickle the broken code.
>> We do not yet know whether prazola is bumping HTTPS traffic.
>>
>> Tunneling happens when handling CONNECT requests without SslBump and
>> when splicing TLS traffic with SslBump.

> My delay_pool cfg is working.

Yes, I understand. I do not think anybody has claimed that your config
should not be working. The only claim was that delay pools do not work
when Squid tunnels traffic. Your Squid does not tunnel traffic.

> Without splice/tunneling the connection.

... and that is why it is working. If you start splicing/tunneling, it
will probably stop working.