[squid-users] ERROR: Unknown TLS option clientca

login mogin loginmogin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:11:04 UTC 2018

Hi,

We have been using squid 3.5.23 on ubuntu 16 with the configuration
clientca=CERTPATH without any problem. We decided to run the new version
squid 4.1 on ubuntu 18 with the same config. But now client certificate
auth is not working anymore and we got this message on debug:

ERROR: Unknown TLS option 'clientca=/etc/squid/cert/ca/ca.crt'

Are we missing something or http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/http_port/
clientca option is broken?

By the way we also tried tls-cafile and capath options, we didn't get any
error messages with these options but still squid server is not requesting
any client certificate.

Appreciate the help.

Regards,
Logan