[squid-users] Delay pools in squid4 not working with https

Julian Perconti vh1988 at yahoo.com.ar
Wed Jul 11 23:39:14 UTC 2018

>> El ‎martes‎, ‎10‎ de ‎julio‎ de ‎2018‎ ‎18‎:‎57‎:‎43‎ ‎-03, Alex Rousskov <rousskov at measurement-factory.com> escribió:
>>

>> On 07/10/2018 01:50 PM, Paolo Marzari wrote:
>>> My home server just updated from 3.5.27, everything is working fine, but
>>> delay pools seems broken to me.
>>
>>> Revert to 3.5.27 and delays works again with every type of traffic.
>>>
>>> I think there's something wrong with https traffic.
>>
>> You are probably right. A few days ago, while working on an unrelated
>> project, we have found a bug in delay pools support for tunneled https
>> traffic. That support was probably broken by v4 commit 6b2b6cf. We have
>> not tested v3.5, so I can only confirm that v4 and v5 are broken.
>>
>> The bug will be fixed as a side effect of "peering support for SslBump"
>> changes that should be ready for the official review soon. If you would
>> like to test our unofficial branch, the code is available at
>> https://github.com/measurement-factory/squid/tree/SQUID-360-peering-for-SslBump
>>

>> HTH,
>>
>> Alex.

I can confirm that delay_pools works fine both http and https protocols in squid 4 running debian 9

Squid Cache: Version 4.1
Service Name: squid

Here the cfg:

delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 2

delay_access 1 allow all

delay_parameters 1 -1/-1 100000/104857600 # ~100KBs/~100MB
delay_initial_bucket_level 50

Regards