[squid-users] Connect Android apps behind Squid with authentication

Arsalan Hussain arsalan at preston.edu.pk
Mon Jul 9 17:13:30 UTC 2018

 Eric Enrique,

The same problem i faced with Android Apps. Reason behind issue.

*Issue:* The proxy address & port of squid you defined in wireless setting
only applies to browsers not to Apps installed on smartphone.

*Solution: *you need to configure your squid as Transparent Proxy so that
all applications gets an access of internet without defined proxy setting
of Squid server.

In this way all apps will get an access to internet without setup proxy.

On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 9:01 PM, MSc. Eric Enrique Sedeño Estrada <
azufre.cmw at infomed.sld.cu> wrote:

> Regards
> Sorry to write, this is not my mother tongue.
> I have Squid 3.5.23 and I can not access from Android to Facebook,
> Twitter, Play Store with applications, if I can browse from the browser.
> Previously I had Kerio 9.0.1 with authentication and if I could access
> those applications from Android.
> There will be some solution.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> MSc. Eric Enrique Sedeño Estrada
>
> Administrador de Sistemas Informáticos
>
> Hospital Provincial Docente de Oncología "María Curie"
>
> *Si deseas que tus sueños se hagan realidad: ¡Despierta!*

With Regards,

*Arsalan Hussain*
*Assistant Director, Networks & Information System*

*PRESTON UNIVERSITY*
Add: Plot: 85, Street No: 3, Sector H-8/1, Islamabad, Pakistan
Cell: +92-322-5018611
UAN: (51) 111-707-808 (Ext: 443)

*Some things take time, nothing you can do otherwise*
*.*