[squid-users] Squid 4.0.23 from Debian experimental

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Jan 27 04:48:35 UTC 2018

On 26/01/18 03:18, TarotApprentice wrote:
> A few issues with 4.0.23
>
> 1. It doesn’t auto start (4.0.21 did) upon reboot, but can be started via a “service squid start” command

It appears that you have to run "systemctl enable squid" manually after
upgrade to get systemd to learn that there is a squid.service file now
existing.

> 2. It seems to want to create the cache directories every time it starts up and then complains that the directories already exist.

What do you men by "complain"?

Checking that the dirs are correctly formatted on each start/restart has
always been happening. There should be a _notice_ in cache.log about
what is being done and that they exist, but no complaints if they do.

> 3. When stopping it there are two assertion messages about ESIparser, but it seems to shutdown anyway.

Thank you for spotting this. I'm working on a fix now.