[squid-users] squid doesn't cache objects in memory when using SMP and shared memory cache

Ivan Larionov xeron.oskom at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 21:40:24 UTC 2018

So it's definitely not related to Vary, there's no such header in requests
I tried. Also this issue affects squid even with 1 worker if shared memory
is forced to on.

Interesting thing I noticed is that according to log file a lot of images
are actually cached in memory but sound files are not (mp3/wav). It's not
like it makes any sense but how about random example url:

http://techslides.com/demos/samples/sample.mp3

squid 4, 2 workers, shared cache, no disk cache – MEM_HIT
squid 3, same config – MISS every time
squid 3, no shared cache – MEM_HIT

Could you do a brief test with this URL may be and confirm that I'm not the
only one who see this issue?

--
With best regards, Ivan Larionov.