[squid-users] TCP out of memory

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 16 13:37:05 UTC 2018

Hi,

Just a quick follow-up on this.

I dropped squidclamav so I could test c-icap-modules's clamd service instead.
The only difference between the two is that squidclamav was using unix sockets while c-icap-modules is using clamd.

At first, the results were good. The open fd numbers were fluctuating, but within the 1k-2k limit during the first days. However, today I'm getting 4k, and it's only day 5. I suspect I'll be getting 10k+ numbers within another week or two. That's when I'll have to restart squid if I don't want the system to come to a network crawl.

I'm posting info and filedescriptors here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1V7Horvvak62U-HjSh5pVEBvVnZhu-iQY/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P1DAX-dOfW0fzt1sAeyT35brQyoPVodX/view?usp=sharing

By the way, what does "Largest file desc currently in use" mean exactly? Should this value also drop (eventually) under sane conditions?

So I guess moving from squidclamav to c-icap-modules did improve things, but I'm still facing something wrong. I could try moving back to squidclamav in "clamd mode" instead of unix sockets just to see if I get the same partial improvement as the one I've witnessed this week.

Vieri