[squid-users] persistent connections not being utilized with Chrome

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Mon Jan 15 20:48:46 UTC 2018

On 01/15/2018 12:31 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-01-15 at 12:26 -0700, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>> What about the transparent proxy part?

> I already have that, but that is becoming more or less useless in the
> everything-https world we are heading towards since you can't
> transparently proxy https.

That statement does not compute in the current context: A transparent
proxy has many disadvantages over a forward/explicit proxy, but both
transparent and forward/explicit proxies have approximately the same
support for HTTPS. In other words, if you find a forward/explicit proxy
useful for HTTPS, then a transparent proxy can be used similarly.