[squid-users] Performance

Alex Rousskov rousskov at measurement-factory.com
Thu Jan 11 19:23:43 UTC 2018

On 01/11/2018 10:14 AM, Snyder, Brian wrote:

> I apologise for asking another squid performance question,

There is nothing wrong with that! It is often very difficult to solve
performance problems on the mailing list, but that does not imply folks
should not ask performance questions.

> over time it slows down significantly.

In case nobody looks for or finds problems in your configuration: What
is the bottleneck? CPU? RAM? Disk I/O? NIC interrupts?

A tool like atop may be able to answer that question for you, especially
if you let it collect stats from before Squid start to the time when the
Squid becomes very slow.