[squid-users] Redirect input http to https

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Feb 26 22:26:59 UTC 2018

On 27/02/18 03:02, Patrick Chemla wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A lot a very goog people here could help in this:
>
> I have a squid 3.5.20 in front of some backends to balance traffic
> according to where the website is.
>
> I have set up certificates on squid for all sites, and backend are
> actually accepting traffic both http and https.
>
> On some websites I have set up in Apache parameters a Redirect /
> https://www.domain.tld/ and of course, traffic coming in in http is
> redirected to https.
>
> I searched for some acl/redirect in squid to force redirecting into
> squid and not to have Apache to send this 302 redirect.
>
> Is there a way that Squid will send a 302 redirect to https to all
> requests coming in in http?

There is, same as HTTP redirect.

The best way is like:

 acl redirect_HTTP proto HTTP
 deny_info 302:https://%H%R redirect_HTTP
 http_access deny redirect_HTTP

Or with the old URL-rewrite helper interface with a helper that provides
both HTTTP redirect status code and new URL. This is very slightly more
flexible, but quite a lot slower.
 <http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/url_rewrite_program/>