[squid-users] Using squid for http to https forward proxy

Faling, Martin martin.faling at siemens.com
Thu Feb 22 22:20:46 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I am new to configuring Squid as a forward proxy.
Not sure if squid can fullfill my need.
My client ( in this case a Windows 2016 server) needs to connect to the forward proxy (squid) which is residing in a DMZ.
The forward proxy needs to establish a new session to an external webserver on behalf of my client (Windows 2016 server) using mutual authentication (both client and server need to authenticate using certificates).
So assume the client certificate needs to be installed on forward proxy.
I am not looking for redirection from http to https for my client. From client to proxy it needs to be plain http in order to inspect network traffic on the firewall(s).

Question 1 : is such a configuration possible using squid ?
Question 2 : if it is possible, which version of squid (to be installed on CentOS 7) do I need ? How would a configuration look like ?

please advise ASAP.

Kind regards,

Martin

Verzonden van mijn Android-telefoon via TouchDown (www.symantec.com)