[squid-users] Where squid deamon is stored?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Feb 19 20:35:37 UTC 2018

On 19/02/18 20:52, Adam Majer wrote:
> On 02/18/2018 06:38 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
>> I don't find squid3 in /etc/init.d. Does anybody know where the deamon
>> script is stored?
>>

> Probably it's running using systemd these days, which means it's
> somewhere under /lib/systemd or /usr/lib/systemd, and you are NOT
> suppose to modify that stuff.

Nod. That is where OS matters.

Which OS has not been mentioned yet, though from the name "squid3"
implies Debian or a derivative.

Also, be aware that systemd is not compatible with Squid-3 and packages
should not be installing .service files for those versions of Squid.
Eliezer and some others worked out some .service script setup that kind
of works (almost) with some helper scripts to do the environment
integration parts. But really if you want systemd you should use Squid-4.