[squid-users] Forward proxy: TLS connections to server

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 18:02:32 UTC 2018

IM, which is uses HTTP-similar sessions bootstrap, requires special
investigation and custom configuration in case of goes via forwarding proxy.

17.02.2018 22:58, ninadmnaik пишет:
> Thanks for the quick reply Yuri.
>
> "Note that these are not 'https' requests. Just plain socket connections."
> Maybe this wasn't statement wasn't entirely correct. We are using the
> 'connect' method to talk to squid proxy. And squid proxy is able to connect
> to the remote xmpp server. It's just that the xmpp server supports TLS
If' we're talking about CONNECT method session initiation, it is
requires (in general) to specify additional ports on Squid, which is
permitted to use CONNECT method.

For example, in your case, port 1449.

Generally speaking, squid's default not assumes IM as clients, as by as
squid itself is not proxy for all and any protocols. So, it is requires
additional configuration for passing IM via proxy.
> connections only and thus further communication is not possible.
>
> From the access logs:
> *1518880487.658   1449 127.0.0.1 TCP_TUNNEL/200 46 CONNECT
> fcm-xmpp.googleapis.com:5235 - HIER_DIRECT/2607:f8b0:4001:c0b::bc -
> *
>
> "Try to read https://wiki.squid-cache.org first."
> Yeah, we've been doing that and will investigate further.
Indeed :)