[squid-users] Forward proxy: TLS connections to server

Yuri yvoinov at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 16:14:20 UTC 2018

17.02.2018 21:44, ninadmnaik пишет:
> Hello,
> We need to communicate with a xmpp server over TLS connections. Now, we know
> that our app can open a TLS connection to Squid. But can Squid initiate a
> TLS connection to the xmpp server?
Only if it goes over HTTP/HTTPS port. With some difficults and often
require special configuration.

> Our App ----(TLS socket connection)---> Squid ----(Can this be TLS
> connection?)----> XMPP server
>
> If it's possible, how to go about setting up squid for this?
>
> Would 'ssl-bump' feature be the way to go?
May be yes, may be no. Depends from previous. And not ssl-bump. Let's
say - peek-and-splice, and most probably splice rather than bump.
> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v3/3.5/cfgman/https_port.html
>
> Note that these are not 'https' requests. Just plain socket connections.
Squid is not sockets proxy. It's HTTP/HTTPS/FTP proxy only.

Try to read https://wiki.squid-cache.org first.