[squid-users] squid -k rec , seems has problem with ram leakage ?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Feb 17 14:24:44 UTC 2018

On 18/02/18 02:38, --Ahmad-- wrote:
> Hi Amos ,
>
> so you mean that the extra Ram usage is from the instance when it loaded
> with traffic ?

Probably. It is small enough in size to be from that. Detailed
inspection is necessary to know for sure.

> will that stay even if i have cache men 0 and  and cache deny all
> and disabling all HDD caching ?

Yes. Memory of various amounts is required simply to process traffic.

> is there anything can i do ?
>
> or leave it s it is ?

If you are worried you can look into the details I mentioned.

I would try to ensure that you staggered the instance reconfiguring so
that they at least did not all do it at the same time. There is extra
memory and pausing of traffic during reconfigure.